Toad Daze Pageant[one-third]Saturday, April 26 [end-column]10:00 am The Toad Daze Pageant will be held at Central Baptist College on April 26. The pageant is open to both boys ages 0 months to 8 years and girls ages 0 months to 17 years. There is also a photogenic contest. Deadline to enter is April 23. Click here for the 2015 Toad Daze Pageant registration form.
Toad Round-Up[one-third]Tuesday, April 28[end-column] 7:30 pm Join Aaron’s Sales & Lease Ownership and the Toad Suck Daze committee at Pompi Park on Prince (next to Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market), as we round-up toads for the festival. Children will receive 1 toad buck per toad they round-up and hand over.
Throughout Toad Suck Daze weekend
Enjoy rides, games, and carnival food in the Midway. Most rides take between 3 and 5 toad bucks.
Kids Crawl, Drag and Squirt
[one-third]Friday, May 1 [end-column]5:00 pm [one-third]Saturday, May 2 [end-column]11:00 am
Organized by the Conway Fire Department, elementary-aged kids have the opportunity to participate in an obstacle course that promotes fire safety. Friday preliminaries are held at the Central Fire Station located at the corner of Locust and Oak Streets. The finals, held on Saturday, will be located on Front Street. All participants must fill out a release form.
Arvest/Crain Toad Suck Challenge
Throughout Toad Suck Daze weekend Times for competition included in schedule of events
The Arvest/Crain Toad Suck Challenge is an athletic competition where teams and individuals complete for prizes and trophies on an inflatable military style obstacle course. The course will be on Oak Street between Chestnut and Court Streets in downtown Conway. There will be multiple categories and the fastest time wins. For official rules visit www.toadsuckchallenge.com. Race categories are:
- Daze Dash – individual competition where folks compete for $5,000. To have the opportunity to compete in this division, contestants can register at any Arvest and Crain locations in central Arkansas during business hours April 21 & May 1. Entries can also be made at www.toadsuckchallenge.com. There will be preliminary races throughout the weekend with the finals being Sunday afternoon.
- Individual Non-Profit – Central Arkansas Non- Profit agencies can designate someone to run the course for a chance to win $1,000 for their agency.
- Individual Political – state and local political candidates compete for a trophy. They will also be able to designate someone to run the course for them.
- Individual Media – state and local media personalities compete for a trophy.
- Individual male & female in three age categories: Senior (50 and up), Adult (20-49), Teen (13-19). Individuals will compete for prizes yet to be determined by secondary sponsors.
- Team Corporate – Teams are four people with at least one being female from Central Arkansas businesses will compete for a trophy.
Toad Suck Run 10K/5K and Tadpole Trot
[one-third]Saturday, May 3[end-column]8:00 am
The Toad Suck 10K was started by the Conway Kiwanis Club in 1982 and is a sanctioned event of Toad Suck Daze. In 1984, First National Bank (now Regions) began a race in memory of a fellow employee, Randy Baker, who died of cancer. The Randy Baker 8K was conducted for two years, with proceeds benefiting the American Cancer Society. In 1986, the Conway Kiwanis Club approached Regions Bank, and the two races were combined. Regions Bank has served as primary sponsor of the race ever since, and each year the Toad Suck Daze Run is held in memory of Randy Baker, with proceeds benefiting non-profit agencies in the Faulkner County community. Today, the Run includes both a 10K and a 5K Run/Walk, a Wheelchair event, a Tadpole Trot for children aged 4-12, and the 10K is a Grand Prix Series Event.
To register for the Toad Run 10K/5K or Tadpole Trot visit www.toadsuckrun.com
Mardi Daze Parade
[one-third]Saturday, May 2 [end-column]10:00 am
The Mardi Daze Parade is a walking parade through the festival grounds. It is open to all groups that would like to participate.